Leave your condolences for Carl Day

November 17th, 2010 at 5:27 pm by under News

Former 2 News anchor Carl Day has passed away after a long and courageous battle with cancer. In 1997, Carl was diagnosed with T-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, which he battled for the past 13 years.

108 Responses to “Leave your condolences for Carl Day”

1. Shannon says:

I feel honored that I got to grow up watching Carl. It was always nice to see a familiar face through the years. I pray that his family, friends and viewers have some comfort and celebrate Carls life.

2. Jana Katsuyama says:

To Carl’s family and the WDTN family,
    Sending fond wishes and sympathy from California. I will always remember Carl’s enthusiasm for storytelling, his humor on and off camera, and his support for me as a young journalist, who grew up watching him and was fortunate enough to have him as a colleague. Thinking of you all as you celebrate his life,
    Jana Katsuyama

3. Judith and Ben Foster Escalon says:

Carl you will truly be missed by many. My prayers are with the Day family and the WDTN family. Carl is at peace now. You brought so many smiles to many people. God Bless the Day family and Carl. You will be missed dearly Carl.

4. John and Carolyn Steele says:

Just got back in town and saw that Carl Day had passed on. This is very sad news for all of us in the Miami Valley. Our prayers and thoughts are with Carl’s family and friends. We will miss you Carl and we thank you for being such a strong witness of integrity, courage and hope for so many.

5. Shelley says:

My sympathy to Carl’s family and friends. Rest in Peace Carl.

6. Each time I return to Dayton, I ask about Carl. So sorry to hear he has now left us. I remember his thick gray hair at the beginning of his cancer fight, when his hair grew back it was dark. His voice well a voice no better, loved to hear him. Such a fighter and really nice man. I am sure all of the Miami Valley will miss him. I still call Dayton my home and I will surely miss Carl Day the next time home.

7. Dan Compton says:

What a great guy Carl was. His son Bart and I were good friends in the Air Force and when I met Carl in 1993 I thought he was one of the coolest guys I ever knew. He had that Buick Reatta he was so proud of. He is truly missed.

8. Antonio Clark says:

Carl,I just found out you had passed. I had been watching you since I was a young man..on a daily basis. Your smile and laugh was hearty and infectious and without fail, giving us our news without fail..which made my day. To the family and co workers and fans..my prayers and thoughts are with you all. Blessings.